Water colored bird house

Hey ladies!  I took a few days off of blogging to enjoy a few last days of my husband being home.  He was on leave since we got here, but he officially checked in.  So thats what I've been up to and unpacking still!  I think my stuff is breeding when I'm sleeping.
 I stamped and water colored this last night, and let it air dry over night before I cropped the image.  Sometimes when you use a heat gun it can warp your paper, so if I have the time I let the paper sit.  I don't water color often enough, but I think its so pretty and always brings warmth to a project. 
I used the new Home Tweet Home stamp set from Flourishes llc, and took out one of the bird houses, and stamped it with Memento ink, before I water colored.  Once the image was dry, I cut and embossed the image using the curvy rectangles Spellbinders die.  Before I adhered the image down, I stamped my sentiment and bird.  I put one of those cute mini library clips from SU on the image and then adhered it to the kraft paper using dimmensionals.  The little bird seemed plain so I water colored it too.
"Home tweet home"
supplies used:
kraft paper, water color paper
pure poppy satin ribbon, button, twine
Spellbinders curvy rectangles die, water color brush & ink
Memento ink, Adirondack ink, SU mini library clip

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful watercolor! I'm glad you are showing some great uses for those library clips. I keep pulling them out but they always go back in the box!
Amy said…
This is so neat! I love the little bird stamped next to the sentiment on the kraft and then colored. Great embellies too.
~amy~ said…
What a sweet card...I gotta hand it to you...moving across the US...unpacking...AND still being able to stamp!
Chris said…
very pretty!! your stuff is not breeding...you just have that much crap!!! LOL >"<
Alex said…
Just beautiful Latisha - love the simple prettieness here, and the watercoloring is fabulous! Hope you are getting settled in! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex
Marlou McAlees said…
totally cute!!! love this one Latisha :) x
ronee said…
Call me 808-277-5824
xoxo
ronee
Norine said…
this is really nice so soft & warm
I love to watercolor
Hugs
Norine
Clare said…
Great card. Just love it. YThankyou for sharing.

Clare xx
Unknown said…
Beautiful card, I am so happy you got to enjoy some time with your DH.

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Seasons Givings Blog Hop