Altered Clipboards

So I thought I would try and make an altered clipboard. They are really labor intesive but the clipboards end up looking very cute. I made one for my good friend Chris and another one for my son's teacher. The pictures are not that good, but you can get the idea of what they look like. Plus I need to finish up the one for my son's teacher, I need to put more ribbon on it. To make one all you do is get your favorite ribbon, paper, maybe a stamp or some stickers, and arrange it to your taste. I use modge podge for my glue and my sealer, it dries clear. Then I use a Glossy clear acrylic sealer, sometimes the modge podge dries a little tacky, so the acrylic sealer helps with that. Then you get ribbon and tie it to the clip. I will mention you do need to put a few coats of the modge podge and the glossy sealer on it, so it will take a while considering each coat has to dry before you apply another one on. Isn't it cute how you can customize each clipboard depending on who you give it to. Oh before I forget, I can't believe my children go back to school in 6 days, I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad about that? Fall is a crazy time in our house, with everyone going on a schedule, homework, afterschool activities, volunteering at two different schools...with Jess being in advanced flight school, this school year is going to be interesting to say the least.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Seasons Givings Blog Hop