You're the Sweetest


Hello friends!
It is summer!! Yay!! Summer and Christmas are my favorite seasons. I know Christmas is not a season, but winter is so hard on my body, the only way I enjoy it is to fully embrace the holiday seaons. Anyhow, back to summer! Do any of you have any fun summer travel plans? Because of my husbands job, we have lived away from family (california) for almost 20 years. Typing that number out, made me realize how long I have been away. Most of those 19 years we have lived in the south east of the US. As much as I miss California, the south suits me, and most likely what my children consider home.  When your children get older, its very hard to coordinate their schedules, along with my husbands.  But miraculously we all will get to go to California together, it has been a long time since that has happened. Usually it is just the kids and myself.  I am in need of relaxing, down time to just chill, especially since we have a busy year ahead of us.
I plan on wine tasting while enjoying the beautiful rolling vineyard, eating good food, seeing friends, putting my feet into the cold sand of the pacific, and making new memories with my family.

Well onto the card!
I Scream, You Scream is a die cut set...of ice cream cones, faces, sprinkles, cherries etc.. So super fun!
I love a crisp white clean and simple card, with bold colors.  It just makes me happy.
To start, I die cut the ice cream with white card stock, then colored them with copic markers, in a gradient way. Meaning I added a little bit of a darker shade to the top of them in the same color family, so the blending looks more natural. These took quite a bit of blending, to create a smooth color, but it was relaxing to just sit and color.
The sentiment was stamped in black ink, then I diecut the rectangle, adhered it with foam adhesive. The ice cream was adhered using many layers of foam adhesive to give the card some depth.  I like to use foam adhesive, so my cards don't appear to look flat.

Head on over to the Lawn Fawn Blog, to see beautiful cards using these dies!

Comments

You’ve done such a wonderful job coloring these popsicles !!
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Spellbinders Holiday Hoppin Day 1: My December Daily album