Picnic, Stampavie style

I really really love this image by Sarah Kay for Stampavie, this little lady is just ready to go to a picnic in some park.  For this card I actually used Cindy's sketch for her DTGD challenge over on SCS.  I stamped the image in Palette ink, then once the ink dried I colored her in using Copic markers.  Because I was using a few different red markers, I had to be very conscious of my blending and staying inside the lines, I didn't want the red to bleed into the skin.  This is where really knowing the paper you are working with, I suggest find a paper you like to color on, and then stick with that paper.  Each paper will color, bleed & feather differently, so knowing what you are working with will save you a lot of time and money.  There is nothing worse than just about being finished coloring in an image, then you make a mistake that you cannot fix, this usually happens to me, when I color with a paper that I have not used in a while.
Well I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and weekend!  Tomorrow I'm off to Charleston, SC to go to one of my very best friends baby shower (first baby), then on Sunday I have a cooking class...its going to be a busy one!
OH before I forget...I'm going to CHA next week!!  What are some things you want me to take pictures of?  Paper, ribbon, stamping celebrities lol?  I'm most excited to meet people in real life who live in my computer lol.
"lets go"

Comments

Amy said…
She is adorable Latisha! She reminds me of a modern day Hollie Hobby. I love the reds. Have fun in Chas--I went to college there, got married there. It is so beautiful and holds so many wonderful memories for me. As for CHA--take pix of EVERYTHING LOL!
Norine said…
she is the cutest love the colors you used
Hugs
Norine
Connie M. said…
This is just so adorable, Latisha! Love how you worked this image into this sketch!!
Melisa Waldorf said…
She is so cute!!
I hope we Jax Stampers can get together soon! I chatted with Dana yesterday and we were talking about maybe meeting up at Scrap N Stamps next Wednesday morning. Are you available?
Chris said…
very cute! love that stamp! have fun at cha!!

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Seasons Givings Blog Hop