St. Paddy's Day

 

Hello Friends! Here we are at another month. Can you believe it? Its February 2021! I am so ready for spring and warm weather. Here in Florida we have had cold, grey, rainy weather for months now. Not a typical warm winter at all. So, when I saw the Taylored Expressions releases for February, I was so excited! 

Today's post is all about St Patrick's Day, green, shamrocks, luck and rainbows. All things that I love. Let's dig in to the details of this card. The background was created by ink blending 3 different green inks onto a green card base. By using different tones of the same color, it creates a nice depth to a simple card. The diecuts were layered with foam adhesive and twine was added to embellish. 


What is St Patrick's Day without a rainbow? I knew I wanted to create a subtle rainbow on one of my cards. It took me a little bit of playing around with this stamp and stencil combo but I figured it out. I would use the stencil a little differently to get more shamrocks ink blended onto the panel. 

After die cutting the min slim panel in sugar cube cardstock, a rainbow gradient was ink blended onto it. Then using the same inks and the Lucky Leprechaun stencil, I rotated the stencil to get more tiny shamrocks onto each color of the rainbow. The leprechauns were stamped, diecut and colored in before being adhered to the card front using foam adhesive. The sentiment strip was added with foam adhesive as well. 



Thanks for stopping by today. Head on over to the Taylored Expressions website for more details on this release and more beautiful artwork from the design team. 

Comments

sharon g said…
The lepruchauns are SO CUTE! I can't get over it!!

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Spellbinders Holiday Hoppin Day 1: My December Daily album