6x6 page for kendall's album

Yay, I finished another page for Kendall's {secret} album, for her birthday later this month. I really can't believe she is almost twelve. I only have one daughter & one son, that is all my body would allow me to have. On top of having Crohn's Disease I had very difficult pregnancies {more with my son} I am very grateful and blessed to have 2 healthy wonderful children. In my head I know that is all I will ever have, but its very hard for my heart to accept. Making this album for Kendall is bringing back so many memories of her growing up. Its amazing what an amazing human I am raising, she really is the nicest, sweetest person I know. I think raising her has been the easy part, the hard part will be learning how to let her go and fly...

I used Verve Visual's guest designer sketch for this layout. In the picture my daughter was wearing red and was on a red pillow case. Picking out the paper was easy, all I need to do was match it to the photo. I finally decided on Cosmo Cricket's Dutch Girl line. All of the images are from Papertreyink {mixed messages, borders & corners and one of their alphabet sets} Since I was working with a photograph and possibly stamping over it, I chose black Stazon ink, which is an alcohol based ink, meaning the ink will not run in humid weather {I live in Florida}. The square brads are from Making Memories...oh and before I forget its a 6in x 6in page layout.

Its Super Tuesday I hope you all went out and voted. I did early voting a few weeks ago, I brought my son with me & now all he wants to do is watch the news lol

Comments

Marlou McAlees said…
this is so beautiful Latisha, love your choice of papers, you always use a lovely mix of colours!! great work {as always } :) xx
Risa said…
Your layout is adorable and your daughter is so cute!
malieta:)
Chris said…
this is gorgeous!!! you have out done yourself this time!!! i love it...>"<
Alhambra Club said…
What a great page and that photo of your daughter is fantastic, she will love her album
Unknown said…
Hi Latisha!! It's a great LO, love the colors.

The page I'm sending you is under construction and I will have it finished this sunday and on monday I will ship it to you. I hope you like it.
What a great page! And oh my goodness, that sweet little face! How adorable!
Michelle said…
Oh WOW!! What a gorgeous photo. Your daughter looks just so incredibly sweet! You have given me goosebumps reading about your feelings about only being able to have two children. The things we take for granted huh?? You kids seem wonderful - a huge blessing for you. Enjoy!
Michelle SBS10
Anonymous said…
Love it! Check my blog for an award you got;)
http://stampingscrapbooker.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/02/i-have-the-swee.html
I love this! Both the page and your daughter are gorgeous. It's totally eligible for the contest - thanks for sharing! :)
ScrapMomOf2 said…
"the hard part will be learning how to let her go and fly..." I couldn't agree with you more! That is EXACTLY how I feel. This page is wonderful!

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Seasons Givings Blog Hop