Cookie Swap



So I am in this cookie swap and I have to make 11 dozen brownies...yes you read right 132 brownies. Well I went to all of the stores to get some containers to put them in, but they are not cheap. $4 dollars isn't much money, but when you times it by 11...thats $44, and most likely they will end up throwing the container away. I am extremely busy in my life right now, but I had some time to make these bags instead of buying containers. Inside of the bag will be a cellophane bag which the brownies will go into to keep them fresh. Have any of you been checking out Tim Holtz's blog lately? Well I have and he has inspired me to make a cute tag. Now this isn't the best tag I have ever made, but I do like it. And to be completely honest, I took some cold medicine and made this about 1/2 after I took it, I really should have stopped and went to bed, but I really wanted to finish it. When the brownies are cooling I am going to make recipe cards to go inside the bag as well. Once I get all of my swapped goodies. I think I will do the same thing but with lunch bags (the bags with handles are a little more expensive) to give to my children's teachers. I got the brown bags with handles at Target, 12 for $4.99, rafia also at Target 36 ft for like $1.19. The patterned paper was in my stash and the tag on top was originally white cardstock. The stamp images used on the bag are from my favorite...Papertrey Ink.
Materials used:
stazon black ink, Palette L'Amore Red ink, basic black ink, white craft ink, red stickles, Adirondack acrylic paint dabber in Red Pepper, Ranger holographic embossing powder, Inque Boutique stamps, Papertrey ink stamps, brown paper bag with handles, white cardstock, printed xmas paper, red rafia, hole punch

Comments

My Paper World said…
Great idea! and the tag is beautiful!
Unknown said…
what a brilliant idea!!! great idea to make the bag! And the tag is so cute!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Seasons Givings Blog Hop