Paper Christmas Tree

So a while back I was blog surfing and I saw a tree like this on someones blog (sorry I don't remember the blog name). I thought it looked really easy to make. A few days ago I went to Joann's, and bought some styrofoam cones. This one is the tallest one they sell, I thinks its around 18 inches or so. I cut paper 1/2 inch by 6 inches, bring both edges together, get a sewing pin & push through the paper and into the cone. I used the red pearlized decorative pins, because the top row the pins are visable. Oh, and I started at the bottom. Before I ever began, I did spray the cone with glitter spray paint, because I didn't like the white. The paper used in this tree was in the Provo Craft holiday slab pack.

For the star, I used SU chipboard then painted it with an Adriondack acrylic paint dabber in red pepper. Once dry I used SU heat & stick powder and dazzling diamonds, to make the star sparkle. This was really easy to make, but I think it would look even better with double sided paper.


Comments

Chris said…
you're are so fricken talented!!!! it's waaaayyy cute!!!>"<
My Paper World said…
It looks fantastic! Love the glitery star too!
Marlou McAlees said…
WOW!!! Latisha this is absolutely beautiful :) xx
Unknown said…
love your handmade tree!!!!
Anonymous said…
Wow! Wow! Wow! totally awesome I LOVE it :)

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Seasons Givings Blog Hop