Sending Hugs


Hello friends!
Long time no see! I am so sorry that my blog has been silent the last few months. My husband has had quite a few medical issues arise, including brain surgery that was not planned.  In January we learned he had something called a cavernous malformation, which he had surgery for and removed. His medical team at The Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville) has been nothing short of incredible.  A big thank you to everyone who reached out, sent positive vibes and prayers. We felt all of them! Which brings me to my card today. How fitting that its a Get Well stamp set, love it!

Today I am sharing a card using the Get Well Soon Before & Afters from Lawn Fawn. I started by stamping the images with black ink onto white cardstock, then coloring them in using Copic markers. At first, the bottom of the card was going to be a solid piece of red cardstock, but it looked really plain and was missing something. So I trimmed a few pieces at .5 in x 4.25 inches, and adhered them to the bottom of the card. "Sending Hugs" is actually 2 different stamps, but I aligned them to create a sentiment. The images were cut out using sharp scissors and then adhered to the card using foam adhesive. To embellish and add more interest, I double tied peppermint twine, and tied a bow.



Head on over to the Lawn Fawn Blog, to see more beautiful projects!

Comments

Hummingbird said…
Cute! Thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Spellbinders Holiday Hoppin Day 1: My December Daily album