You're my cup of tea...welcome 2012!

Wow!  Today is January 1, 2012...the first day of the new year.  I wish you all a blessed year, filled with love, good health and happy memories.  As my children get older, I get really sentimental as each year passes, I kind of wish I could freeze time.   I never really knew what people meant, when they would tell me to enjoy my children being little because times goes by so quick.  Now that they are older, I totally get it.  
One thing that I learned in 2011, was how much my girlfriends mean to me.  Most, don't even live close to me, but the way they uplift and encourage me, one would think they were sitting right next to me.  There were many lessons and experiences that I will take with me from 2011, but I am excited for what 2012 holds.  I hope this new year is great for all of us!
Before I get way off topic lol...I will share my card with you.
The Avocado Arts design team, are posting projects made with the Sweet Treat Sweetie set today.  For this card, I knew I wanted it to be clean, and tone on tone.  I started out using a really pale green, but as I got further into the design process, I switched gears and went to a winter white card stock.  The cup of tea was colored in using Copic markers (r20, r27, r29, e33, e57, c0, c01, c03).
Take a little stroll and visit the rest of the designers:

materials used:
winter white card stock
Spellbinders die template
Avocado Arts Sweet Treat Sweetie stamp set
Copic markers
corner rounder
memento tuxedo black ink
red ink
foam tape
bakers twine


intructions:
1. cut/score card stock
2. round bottom corner
3. stamp sentiment in black in and hearts in red ink
4. cut/emboss label, cut part off
5. stamp image, color in with copic markers
6. Adhere label to card with foam tape
7. Add bakers twine

Comments

Beautiful card. Happy New Year wishes to you! :)
~amy~ said…
happy new year! lovin' that sweet tea cup!
Unknown said…
Super adorable! Happy new year Latisha!
LOOOOOVE that little panel with the tea cup on it! So clever:)
Unknown said…
I wish I could do do CAS like this. Great card!

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Seasons Givings Blog Hop