Happiness and a trick/technique

So who of you out there have reinkers?  Yesterday I got all 6 in colors of the reinkers (thanks to my DSS...secret sister) is that not awesome or what!  Reinkers are really versatile and you can do so much with them.  I added a few drops of the riding hood red in a bowl and added some water, until I got the color I wanted.  I used the mixed solution to water color on the back (rough side) of this acetate.  Here are step by step directions to what I did:
1.  stamp image with stazon on the rough side of the acetate
2.  Heat set ink
3.  watercolor in your image with reinker solution
4.  Heat set
5. Use Copic marker or another colored solution to add a different color.

I used the same mixed solution, took a paint brush & brushed on the ink for the distressed polka dotted background stamp.  It worked so good! {the dots are supposed to look like that its a distressed style of stamp}  I heat set the paper with the dots too, so the ink would not run.

***Also using the same ink and water solution, you can put in your white ribbon and flowers in the bowl and it will dye them!  I just did it, because I didn't want to waste it and they turned out perfect.  I took them out of the bowl and using my heat gun, dried them off.  So all of you who have a ton of white ribbon, start using your reinkers and make your own custom embellishments!***

I used today's color challeng cc183 for my inspiration, ridinghood red, green galore and grey.

"happiness"
acetate, images from Unity stamp co, red riding hood reinker, copic marker, paint brush, rectangle nesties, may arts suede ribbon

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow this is gorgeous. And different. I love this.
Chris said…
wow, that's a wild card, but it's fantastic!!! >"<
ScrapMomOf2 said…
I love this! So funky and vibrant! It's fantastic!
ronee said…
i love re inkers! you know you can always use them to dye your brads!
its fabulous!
xoxo
ronee
Jess said…
Latisha, this is gorgeous!!! LOVE it!
Marlou McAlees said…
oh wow!!! Latisha this is a stunning card :) and love the one below too, love that green spotty paper, is it from stampin up?? :) x
Tiff said…
LOVE this card! You are super creative!
Lori said…
This is gorgeous! Love the pretty color from the reinkers.
Anonymous said…
This card is so cool and funky! I'll have to try that technique sometime...thanks for sharing it!
Anonymous said…
Wow! This is really amazing! I've never seen anything like it. Love those stamps! I like anything distressed and I LOVE polka dots. Gosh, this may be the stamp for me! But I especially love your stamping on the acetate. Fabulous!

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Seasons Givings Blog Hop