Sneak Peek: Spellbinders™ Summer Spectacular Day 5
Are you as excited as I am for the Summer Spectacular blog Frenzy? Well, today, I am going to show you a few projects using new die templates. My two featured die sets are the 2012 Holiday Tree & Ribbon Banners Large sets. To show how versatile these sets are, I have created a card, and a layout.
* S4-339 2012 Holiday Tree (Spellbinders™ Paper Arts) MSRP $24.99
* S5-122 Ribbon Banners Lg (Spellbinders™ Paper Arts) MSRP $24.99
* LF-168 Grand Large Labels (Spellbinders™ Paper Arts)
* EL-009 Flora M-bossabilities (Spellbinders™ Paper Arts)
* Grand Calibur® Die Cutting Machine (Spellbinders™ Paper Arts)
* Waltzingmouse Stamps
* Want2Scrap bling
* Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
* Clear Snap licorice ink
* Ginak white card stock
* Pink ribbon
- Cut/emboss Grand Large Labels die #3 with white cardstock, usin Grand Calibur®. You will need two diecuts to create the cardbase.
- Score one diecut, ½" from the top.
- Adhere MyStik adhesive above the score line.
- Adhere other diecut, to form card base.
5. Using a smaller Grand Labels die #2, cut white cardstock with die template.
6. Place diecut into Flora M-Bossabilities folder, run through the Spellbinders™ Grand Calibur®machine.
7. Place die cut aside.
8. Place Scrapboook Adhesives by 3L white foam tape on the backside of the embossed die cut.
9. Adhere diecut to the card front.
10. Prepare Christmas tree die to create a die cut. When using a die with a lot of detail for the first time, it can help by placing wax paper nearest to the die, then the card stock. It will make getting the die cut out easier.
11. Cut/emboss cardstock.
12. Add foam squares on the backside of the die cut. YOu will need to cut the squares with scissors, so they fit on the small space.
13. Adhere diecut to the card.
14. Cut/emboss cardstock.
15. Stamp sentiment in black ink, and adhere diecut to the tree using foam squares.
16. Tie a pretty bow with pink ribbon, and place a Dodz on the back of the bow.
17. Adhere bow to the top of the tree.
Adhere pink Want2Scrap rhinestones to finish off the card. If you do not like pink, customize this card with ribbon and rhinestones in your favorite color. White on white cards, with an additional color never go out of style, it will always be classy an elegant.
For something entirely different, I created a Christmas layout of my son. These dies are perfect for scrapbooking as well as cards. The sky is really the limit.
S4-339 2012 Holiday Tree
Approximate Die Templates Sizes:
Bubble Ornament: 1 ½ x 2 3/8”
Oval Ornament: 1 1/8 x 2 ½”
Tree: 4 x 4 7/8”