One layered Mother's Day card

The Avocado Arts designers are showing sneak peaks of the May set, called Thoughts & Smiles.  Every once in a while, a card that I see in my head actually comes out the way I see it.  It doesn't happen often, so I was so happy with my results.
I knew I wanted to make a shaped card, so I used this wonderful die template, that is from the Spellbinders Jar & Labels set.  I cut/embossed two die cuts from white card stock, and trimmed the bottom point just a tad, so that it would be able to stand up alone.  I scored one of the die cuts about 1/2 inch from the top, and placed adhesive above the scored line, and then adhered the die cuts together.
While I was stamping, I left the die cut in the die, so I could have a nice embossed border.  It seemed a little too white, so I sponged along the edge going from the outer edge to the inside of the die.  That will give it a graduated natural feel, and warms the card up a bit.  I didn't feel like it needed any embellishments, so I left it as is.  A beautiful one layer card.
Make sure to visit the rest of the designers, and see more sneaks from the upcoming set.


Materials Used:
Avocado Arts Stamps
Spellbinders Jar & Labels die set
Clearsnap ink
Distress Ink
Versafine black ink
Scrapbook Adhesive by 3L adhesive
sponge
Spellbinders Grand Calibur machine

Comments

Kalyn said…
So, so pretty! Love the watercolor look an the colors are gorgeous!
KelliJo said…
SO... it's not just me? a More capable brain than hands at creating a masterpiece? LOL YAY ME!!!! hahahaha This is a BEAUTIFUL card, perfect shading and the flowers appear water colored!! SO pretty!!!
AJ said…
awesome card T, love it!! <3
What a fabulous card--LOOOOOOOOVE the inking and the stamping! OH MY OH MY! I wish I could make beautiful cards like this!!! LOVE:)

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Seasons Givings Blog Hop