Guest Designing Post for Picket Fence Studios



Hello friends!
I have a few cards to share with you today using Picket Fence Studios stamps. I cannot believe its July and that Halloween and Christmas are just right around the corner. When social distancing started, I should have just put up my Christmas tree. Christmas is my favorite and makes me ridiculously happy. My family might have thought I was crazy, but its 2020, there are no rules this year. 

So, for this first card using the Most Wonderful Time of the Year stamp set, it was created using oxide inks. I typically do not gravitate towards those inks, but trying new techniques is always an adventure. Oxide inks to me are very bold and striking, and are perfect for layering stamps. 



I know some people only gravitate towards traditional Christmas colors, however its fun to expand your holiday color palette. So for this next card that is exactly what I did. 


To start, the background was created using a few shades of purple inks and the PFS Brocade stencil. Start with lighter colors first, and then add in the darker colors where you want more contrast.


Next, I stamped the large sentiment from the Ho Ho Ho stamp set in black ink. To finish the little snowflakes were stamped in coordinating ink, and purple twine was added as an embellishment to balance out the card. 


Lastly, is a super fun halloween shaker card! To start the Wrapped Candy stamp set was stamped a few times in black ink to fill the center of a card front. The images were colored in using a a variety of yellow, orange and purple Copic markers. Two strips of black cardstock measuring .25 x 5.5 inches were added to the edges of the stamped panel. To create a shaker card, the center of the panel was diecut with a circle die, and clear cardstock was added. Before adhering the panel Black Magic sequins were added. To embellish, a black twine bow was added. 


Thank you for joining me today! Don't forget to see all of the July release to head on over to Picket Fence Studios!!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Spellbinders Holiday Hoppin Day 1: My December Daily album