Hugs, Hugs, Hugs

Happy Sunday folks.  I hope you are bundled up and keeping warm today.  I know down here in Florida the temperatures have dropped a little...more like a lot, but it is a nice excuse to go to Starbucks lol.
Anyhow, today I am showing you a fun card, clean just the way I like it, with a little pop of color.  I have a few friends who don't live anywhere near me, but I wish I could give them a big ole hug...that is where the inspiration came from when I was making this card. The image and sentiments are both from Avocado Arts.  The cute little owl is a sneak from the February set called, Wishes and Kind Thoughts.  It is hard to see in this picture, but I added Glossy Accents to the glasses (too stinking cute).  Glossy Accents is a cool liquid adhesive, that when used alone, when it dries it can resemble glass...cool stuff.  
The entire team is posting today (there are some new faces), so be sure to check them out too!

materials used:
Avocado Arts stamps
Memento Ink
Spellbinders Picot Edge Circles
Spellbinders Valor M-Bossabilities
pink lace
Colorbox black and red ink
Copic markers
Helmar foam tape
May Arts Twine
White card stock

Comments

Emily Leiphart said…
Eeek, that owl and the strip of repeating hugs is the cutest! I LOVE the dies and m-bossibilities you used to highlight him.
Natalie said…
Oh my goodness, this is so cute!! What a fun little image to work with! Love the background embossing, very nice!!
Queenie said…
I am SOOOOO happy to see you using that adorable OWL!! You're texture and coloring is super duper ADORABLE!!
AJ said…
great card T, (love the embossed background too!) your little owl is adorable!
DSW said…
The embossing on the card is so pretty and the little owl reminds me of a cute little boy I know with big glasses. The pink lace ribbon adds a perfect touch. Thanks for giving me some cute ideas.
Julia Aston said…
What a great design withe eht embossed card and pretty lace - love the yellow and red on Mr. Owl's outfit!
StacyC said…
Very cute... Cute little owl...
Auntie Em said…
This is sure to make someone appreciate the cozy hug you sent along to make their day. I love using glossy accents to make a detail show up a little better. Cute idea for the glasses.
Thanks for sharing! :)
OHHHHHHHHH! I just love that little owl! I love your embossing and the coloring..FAB job:)
Unknown said…
Sooooo adorable!!!
Kelley Eubanks said…
I love this Latisha!! Love the owl with the glossy glasses! :)
he is SO darling! LOVE this card! Gotta break out the MBoossibilities today!! :) HUGS!!
Heather Innusa said…
EEk - this is entirely toooooo cute!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Seasons Givings Blog Hop