Mojo sketch #27

If you ever check out Julee Tilman's blog http://www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com/ then you know every week she has a new sketch to try out. I havn't really had a chance to play with my Embrace Life stamp set from SU, so this was the perfect opportunity. I started out with the big flower stamp and stamped it all over the kraft cardstock, using Tim Holtz walnut stain ink. I opened up my ruby red ink pad, put some ink on the inside lid and used that to watercolor the flowers. The designer paper on both sides of the main image are from the Ginger Blossom pack {I love double sided paper, SU got it right with this one} I layered whisper white paper on ruby red cardstock, and stamped the cherry blossom looking image, rotating it with every stamp so it looks random. I watercolored the cherry blossoms and once I was satisfied with the way it looked, I added a little more color using a red spica glitter pen, to make the flowers pop. I added chocolate chip satin ribbon and tied white ribbon on the side. I didn't like how the white ribbon looked so after taking the picture, I ended up cutting the white ribbon off. I made two of these cards, I thinks thats all I had in me. They will go into the card sets I am making for Mother's Day gifts.




Comments

Alex said…
This is a beautiful card!! Love the background, you rocked this sketch! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex
Alhambra Club said…
This card is beautiful, love how you created your background paper with the flowers.
Michelle said…
Oooh, that is just sooo cute! What a great card Latisha. Well done.
Michelle SBS10
Tru said…
Such a gorgeous card! I love how you've coloured the flowers on the background. Just beautiful!
Trudi SBS10
ScrapMomOf2 said…
Very pretty! I love the kraft and red combination!
Enfys said…
Oh my! This is gorgeous.
Unknown said…
WOW!! Latisha, that this card is amazing!!! I love that stamp set. Thanks for the instructions.
Rochelle W said…
Gorgeous!!
Rochelle SBS10
crazy4mycrafts said…
Love this card Latisha!

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Seasons Givings Blog Hop