Today I am showing you a fun card I made using the August kit Zipnby to say Hi, stamp set from Avocado Arts. I am also playing along & providing a sample over at SCS with the Dare to Get Dirty challenge #1 (head on over and join the fun!!).
The other Avocado Arts designers are showing off this set as well, so make sure to visit their blogs and say hello!
On this card, I used a few different techniques, so I thought I would share my design process. A few of these inks/paints, I have never used before, so I was a little scared, but I really like my results. It is fun to step out of your "box" every once in a while. Plus I found a few products I really want to use again, and need more colors of!
I started by gathering some supplies:
Avocado Arts stamps, bubble wrap, textured paper, Jenni Bowlin acrylic paint, strong glue, Spellbinders Die Template, Pigment ink, Cosmic Shimmer products, foam tape.
1. Apply red acrylic paint onto bubble wrap, then press down onto textured paper.
2. Take another piece of bubble wrap, and apply Cosmic Shimmer Jet Black Dazzle Paint to it.
3. Apply the bubble wrap to the paper, make sure to press firm, but not too hard to get the paint down.
4. Stamp the road sign & stamp sentiment on the inside, using a pigment ink.
5. Stamp the road way using pigment ink & the car using the same red Jenni Bowlin acrylic paint, let dry.
6. Using Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Drawing Ink in Silver Sheen & Pearl shine, color in the top part of the road sign. Then take a Spellbinders Die Template to cut/emboss the paper. I used the S4-348 Postage Stamps (the largest die). Cut an extra one for the back side of the card.
7. Score, using a Scor-Pal, 3/4 inch down, on the die cut that will be used for the back of the card.
8. Apply a strong adhesive. For this card I used a Helmar liquid Craft Glue.
9. I stamped the license plate, and sentiment, cut it out, and then colored the inside and outside parts using the Cosmic Shimmer.
10. Adhere the license plate using foam tape, and your card is done.
I had never used the Comic Shimmer products before, and to be honest I was a little afraid to use them. I am okay with inks, but playing with paints is a little out of my league. I LOVED the Jet Black Dazzle Paint! It comes in a cute bottle, and the brush reminds me of a liquid eye liner brush. I had complete control over where the paint went, and was easy to apply. I liked the coverage I got after I laid the bubble wrap down, and once the paint dried, it stayed a bold black. I love that it didn't fade. The acrylic drawing ink, is very, very, shimmery and really makes the project pop (in real life, shimmer is hard to photograph). I plan on getting more colors of both of these paints!