You + Me = Fun

So, my children finished up their last day of school a few days ago.  I love summers, but we have not found our summer routine yet.  So far, it has been staying up late, trips to get ice cream, naps, and saying we are going to deep clean the house, but there is always something better to do...like go to the pool lol.

Today, I was playing around with some new Avocado Arts stamp sets called Strike a Pose & AvocadoType (which is an alphabet set), to create a fun shaped card.  I didn't have a plan before I started to make this, I just knew I wanted to make a card to remind myself to enjoy the moment, and to have fun.
Speaking of fun, how awesome is the viewfinder stamp!  It can also double as a game spinner.  My children are always making up their own games, now I can make them their own game pieces.   Today, I used it as a viewfinder.  Nothing fancy, just a fun summer card.  

Do you all have any summer plans?  We have a few vacations planned, but we are most excited about my husband coming home from his deployment (not until the end of summer).  Until then, I plan on going to the pool as much as possible!


Material Used:
Avocado Arts Stamps, Strike a Pose & AvocadoType
Bo Bunny teal card stock
Bazzill orange card stock
American Crafts white card stock
American Crafts this to that foam adhesive
Spellbinders Circle Die template
Memento ink
Copic markers
orange brad

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love your fun-filled card!
Your summer plans sound like lots of good times ahead ;)
We are off on a summer holiday in a couple of weeks time - coutnry air, tea shops, hiking and evenings sitting by the lake. Yum!
Rx
SUPER cute! I love love love your clean style--great job!
Gina said…
Love the fun card! And whooo-hooo for your husband coming home from deployment! A friend of mine's husband came home in April after being in Afghanistan for a year. We were all glad, glad, glad to have him home -- especially her and their five kiddos (to be six in January...LOL) I just want to get some order reestablished in my house this summer because that will help me relax!!
Really cute. Sounds like a heavenly summer ahead for you. Our schools here do not finish for another month yet so still a slave to the school runs!
Unknown said…
I love your card!!

Well, I have a two weeks vacation on July and I am planning on going one weekend to Culebras, one of our municipal islands with gorgeous beaches. Beside that, I just want to spend a few days here just doing nothing more than playing with my cats and making some Paper Crafts. This has been a crazy year at work and I just feel exhausted ;)
sharon g said…
We are going camping in about 3 weeks! YEAAA. Very cute card. It brings me back to the old Viewmaster.....

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Seasons Givings Blog Hop