Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Skipping Stones Sketch

Head on over to the Skipping Stones Design blog, to check out this weeks sketch.
For my card, I started out by stamping a background in orange ink using the Timeless Textures stamp set onto pattern paper.  I then cut/embossed the pattern paper using a S4-114 Spellbinders Circle die template.  To define the edges a little better, I took the ink pad and rubbed it along the edges.  Before adhering the back of the card base to the front, I tied twine around the front, an added a kraft border (created with a border punch).  I stamped the butterflies onto orange card stock, cut them out and adhered them onto the card with foam tape.  The sentiment and the butterflies are from the Uplifting stamp set.

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

*swoon** i love it!!!

Wendy said...

What a beauty!! Great color choices. Loved the sketch this week.

Gladys said...

I love the embossed textured and the distressed effect!

{ kelly jo } said...

great card- I'm pinning it :O

JOAN said...

Super cute Latisha! I love it.

Barb's Boys Inspired said...

Gorgeous! Stamping on the patterned paper gives it such awesome texture! Beautiful use of that set!

Especially_For_You said...

So pretty, great job! I am now a follower. :)

Stop by my new craft blog, Made Especially For You. It's still getting started but I promise I have many creative ideas!

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.