Using up those scraps with the Grand Calibur!


Hello there!
I am always trying to find new ways to utilize my scrap card stock and pattern paper to the fullest.  If you are like me, you cut a sheet of card stock in half, then sometimes that other half really never gets used, or it goes into the large & in charge scrap basket that you forget you have.  Sound familiar?  Yep, I feel a little wasteful, but I hope to change that!  Today, I have a quick tutorial on how I used a 4 1/4" x 11 inch sheet of card stock, to die cut all five sizes of the Spellbinders S4-290 Labels Fourteen using the Spellbinders Grand Calibur machine.  
Let's get started!
Take out your Grand Calibur
Now remember this machine can take paper 8 1/2 in by 11 inches.
Is light weight, only 7 pounds.
Is extremely easy to use.  Your sandwiches go through it smooth like buttah!
Place the dies of your choice, onto the base plate.  I chose the Spellbinders Labels Fourteen set.

Place your 4 1/4 inch x 11 inch sheet of card stock over the dies.
{Sorry about the mistake in the photo the 8 1/2 inch measurement should say 11 inches.}

Then place your cutting plate over the dies & card stock.
This is your sandwich to cut.

Place into the machine, and roll through.

Remove the cutting plate.

I like to remove the excess card stock, but feel free to leave it.

To emboss, lay the tan embossing mat down over the dies & card stock.

Now add the pink embossing plate.
This is your sandwich to emboss.
Run through the machine.

Isn't that fabulous!  I cut an embossed the entire set so fast!!
I now have ready to use die cuts!

Comments

AJ said…
wowsers! this is SOOO awesome! Think of how much time you can save!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Seasons Givings Blog Hop