Lawn Fawn sneak, Critters in the Sea

Today I am showing a sneak from the Critters in the Sea stamp set from Lawn Fawn.
This is a really, really cute set, and cute never goes out of style, it is forever trendy.  There are lots of sea creatures in this set.  I started by stamping the whale with Memento ink, onto white card stock.  Using B00, B01, B02 & B04 Copic markers, I colored in the whale.  I started out wanting to leave the whale on the white card stock, but I saw the bubbles and really wanted them to pop, and that would not have worked on white.  So, I cut the whale out, and set it aside.  I cut an embossed the kraft card stock using the Spellbinders S4-138 Petite Ovals Large (die #4), then cut an embossed a Spellbinders S4-139 Petite Scalloped Ovals Large die #4, with black card stock.  Before adhering the ovals together, I stamped the water spout & bubbles. The bubbles were colored in using a White Souffle pen, then adhering the whale with foam tape.  
One of the really cool things you can do with clear stamps, is that you can bend them.  So, I curved my sentiment before inking it up, so that it would curve along the top of the oval panel.  
I love making cards for my children, and putting them in their back-packs, lunch boxes, or sending them off when they go off to camp.  I made an encouraging card for my son before his state testing this year (it was a surprise), and when I picked him up from school, he gave me a huge hug, started to cry, told me I was the best Mom, and that the card I made for him, really meant a lot.  So, as I was making this card, I was thinking it would be so cool to give it away to a boy.  Whether it is their first sleep over, going to camp, or a cool vacation, it is just a fun way to say "have a good time". 
Make sure you head on over to the Lawn Fawn blog, I think she may have some blog candy going on!

The Lawn Fawn designers are oh so talented, so be sure to visit them as well!!

Comments

Ayana Posadas said…
Such a cute card!
Great job on the coloring of the whale!
Anonymous said…
CLassic Card!! great story...Thx
Geny said…
Such a cute card, love that cute whale!

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Seasons Givings Blog Hop