getting dirty with the dirty girls

So today the challenges started on SCS {the dirty girl challenges}.  Every year the Dirty Dozen {the best of the best stampers and SCS design team} have challenges and the fan club members get to play along.  Laurie challenged everyone to use vellum on a card today.  I had no vellum, so I ran to Michael's to pick some up.  I don't like my adhesive to show through on vellum {I have tried them all and they all show through} so I tend not to use it very much.  If any of you have any tricks or the best adhesive to use with vellum, please let me know >"<.  I had no clue what I was going to do, so I just picked out some cute paper and that lovely black lace ribbon, and decided I would just stamp a big quote on the vellum and mount it with brads.  So thats what I did.  It needed something more so I added some primas to fill some space, the primas make it look pretty too.  
If you participate in all of the challenges this week your name will be put in a hat to win a prize, I want a prize >"<.  If any of you are a fan club member you have, I think a week after this week to post your creations.  

This second card, is the ribbon challenge that Jody { confessionsofaribbonaddict.blogspot.com } gave.  You needed to let ribbon influence your card.  This was really easy, well because I love ribbon.  I got some new {to me} vanilla grosgrain ribbon, I love this thickness it makes really pretty bows and knots.  The designer paper is from Prima's Tea and Silk collection, the card stock in river rock and basic black.  The stamps are from the Fluttering By set from Verve. 

Comments

ScrapMomOf2 said…
Beautiful cards! I love them both! I've never used adhesive with vellum. I only attach it with brads, because I don't want adhesive showing through, and no matter what, it always shows through. Have a great day!
Unknown said…
Wonderful cards, I so love the butterfly images. Very nice job on the challenges.
Alex said…
these are both beautiful, girl!!! I love that second card, the colors are awesome!! I don't ever use adhesive with vellum, I always attach it with something else! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex
Catherine said…
Both cards are beautiful!
Chris said…
great cards, tish!! i love them both!! i don't use adhesive on vellum either...it sucks!!

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Seasons Givings Blog Hop