Fun card and featured stamper



Yesterday's Featured Stamper on SCS was YLM{cindy}, I changed everything on the card but recreated it by using the same sketch.  I have yet to use my Summer Sunrise paper, ribbon & ink, so they got some love.  The background stamp is Damask from Flourishes, I stamped it in white stazon ink.  I don't have a huge block for it, so I ink the stamp up really good, lay my paper on top, put a scratch piece of paper over it, and then use a brayer and my fingers to get the ink on the paper.  It works really good.  
I bought a Martha Stewart border punch & I have been wanting to use it.  I love the effects it gives, but it will not punch through heavy cardstock, it barely wanted to go through the black Basic Grey designer paper.  I wasn't sure about the black paper at first, but I love it now, it really makes the card pop.  The sentiment and the frog images are from Papertrey inks, Pond Life set.  There was too much yellow/orange going on, so I stamped another frog in Garden Green, cut it out and layered it over one of the frogs with dimensionals to add some color.

On a side note, two of my cards got picked for card of the week on www.splitcoaststampers.com and I am one of the featured stampers this week along with Joan for Flourishes.  Sharon Johnson, picks the winners each week {she is on my sidebar} and she liked my card from yesterday's post.  She is a stamping godess!  Maybe if she sends me a lock of her hair I will have awesome mojo all the time LOL.

I am a little red, we went to Wild Animal Park today {extension to San Diego Zoo} and it was about 15 degrees warmer than it was here in San Diego.  So I am off to put some hawaiian tropic cool aloe ice with litocain on my shoulders...its the bomb ladies!

Comments

Alex said…
Whoohoo - congrats Latisha!! Your cards are all gorgeous, so no surprise to me!! This one is really cute, love the froggies!

Glad to hear you had fun, but ouch! sunburn - I burn easily too!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex
ScrapMomOf2 said…
CONGRATULATIONS LATISHA! Way to go! Totally deserved, because your cards are fantastic!

Love the frog card!

Sunburn . . . ouch! Every year I tell myself I WON'T get sunburned, and yet every year, I do! I burn very easily! Take care of your skin!
Chris said…
YOU ROCK< BITCH!!!! love the frog card...about time you inked up pond life...LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Spellbinders Holiday Hoppin Day 1: My December Daily album