Sweet Flap card

So I made my first flap card, it is actually an easy fold to do and you can get three of these cards from one sheet of 12x12 cardstock.  I got my directions from www.splitcoaststampers.com on the resource page.  I used Bazzill card stock for my base, and the designer paper is from Basic Grey's Sultry line.  I really like this May Arts ribbon, its has subtle polka dots and the edges are scalloped.  I have not been able to to make a bow I am happy with, but it still makes a wow factor on a card.  The directions call to use a magnetic closure, but I don't have any of those.  So I attached a prima with a brad, and used that to keep the flap shut.  The bottom picture shows how the card looks opened.
I used the Sweet Treats stamp set from Flourishes, you can make all different types of cupcakes with the set.  So I had a cupcake fest >"<  I colored the cupcakes in with copic pens and then I used a sakura glitter pen to make the icing look sparkly.  Even though I have never seen sparkly icing lol I just love my glitter pen.  I think I might need to go back in and add cherries on top or something, they look lonely.
So what is everyone doing this weekend?  I think we are going to relax & I am going to take advantage that my husband doesn't have to fly this weekend, and get my Papertrey Ink swaps done.  Oh and I definately am going to P.F. Changs, its really really good Chinese food my daughter loves it, who some might call a picky eater.  They don't have a kids menu, so the kids have to eat what we eat.  All restaurants need to be like that, even Mexican restaurants serve chicken nuggets, its crazy.  
Anyhow have a great weekend and if you live in the midwest I hope the tornados miss you.  Has anyone else been watching the coverage from the helicopter.  That is one brave pilot.  The reporter and the pilot are going to win awards for it.  Its the most amazing thing I have seen in a long time





Comments

Denise G said…
I think that I am going to make something like this today. I like the design of the card. It may be a stretch for me, but I am going to try it.

Thanks for sharing.
Denise G

I love PF Changs!

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Spellbinders Holiday Hoppin Day 1: My December Daily album