Notepad

Do you ever go somewhere, or maybe you are in the shower, and someone calls and your husband answers the phone but he forgets to tell you until oh...4 hours later or you are getting into bed? My husband is famously known to forget to give me a message and then it is way too late at night to return the call. I havn't been feeling well & I got invited to go to the movies with a bunch of gals last night, but I knew I couldn't sit through a 2 hour movie so I had to say no. Also my husband already had plans to go out with a friend. While he was gone, I made this notepad to take messages.
A while ago I went to Target and in the dollar bins were 4x6 were these notpads, they are like post-it notes but the Target brand. This pad was screaming to be altered. So I went and got a 12x12 piece of paper and cut a piece so it was 4 1/2in x 12in. I scored it at 6in & 6 1/4in. So it left the front about 3/4in short. I got my SU corner rounder and took off the black shield and punched along the bottom which created the scalloped effect, then got a piece of white cardstock taped it to the inside cover and scalloped along the bottom of that as well so it covered the notepad. To dress it up I stamped the flourish from SU Baroque Motifs & friends image from Papertrey ink, added a few black primas with brads in them. Some May Arts white grosgrain ribbon with black flourishes on it to finish it off. I doubt this will solve my problem with not getting my messages :0 but now I have something pretty to scribble stuff down on :)

Comments

Unknown said…
Latisha this is wonderful!!! I must try it sometime. In fact, I am going to challenge myself to make this project. TFS
Sara Frawley said…
Oh so lovely Latisha! I love altering notepads... but I'm really bad about not using them... so I tend to give them as gifts. Thanks for sharing!
SBS10 sis,
SAra
Marlou McAlees said…
this is absolutely beautiful Latisha!!!! gorgeous colours, and love!!love the ribbon! and how it matches your stamped image!!
hugzz xx
Chris said…
i think it looks great!! and tell jess he sucks!! LOL i live with 3men and no one gives me messages...until i ask them if anyone called, usually i am thumbing thru the caller id...it's just another one of my tests!!! secret terrorism...works everytime!!! call me when your butt wakes up...
My Paper World said…
Great idea Latisha!
The colours look really striking together, and that flourish is just beautiful!
Nicola xx
ScrapMomOf2 said…
Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Feel better! Moms aren't supposed to get sick! I dislike it so much when I do. I love what you did with this pad! The color combination is so striking, and I LOVE the ribbon! Beautiful!
Unknown said…
WOW!! That is a great idea! I belive i need to do sometning like that too...! Hope you are feeling better today!!!!
Alyssa said…
First -- I hope you feel better soon! It's the pits when moms aren't feeling like themselves.

2nd -- I love this! The color combo is great, and that ribbon...wow! I love it! Great idea...I will have to make it!

Happy Monday!
Alyssa (SBS10)
Feenie said…
WOW!! You've made some REALLY gorgeous stuff--I especially like the notepad!
Great work!
K said…
GORGEOUS!! Totally Love this!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Seasons Givings Blog Hop